Search This Blog

The Cycle

Inciting, Freestyling, Escribing, Memorizing, Reciting, Inviting an Audience, Re-Cycle-ing...

Friday, June 25, 2010

The Explanation of The Reboot Series

Okay, as you all know, I’ve finished The Reboot series, so I felt now was a good time to shed some light on it a bit. Such as “what were my thoughts when writing the series” and “what’s the moral of these stories?”

Overall, my original idea was to make it sort of like I was purging the “complex” side of my writing so as to explore the natures of my somewhat abandoned “simple” side. It’s like I’m rebooting and starting anew with a fresh new state. So the idea that came to my head was to treat my complex side of writing like it were a drug that I’m addicted to, but I’m trying to quit. And the full 8 episodes are the misadventures of finding the sober mind of the simple side.

Ep. 1: The virus
The “P”-Virus Storm

The very beginning starts of with the consuming of a drug with the stressed complexity being Alliteration in caps. It’s like I’m trying to stop, but I can’t at this point. I’m feening too much…

Ep. 2: The Sickness
Inkblots of Terrorism

This is the sickness because a person’s body isn’t equipped to handle drugs as a pastime or for leisure, so the person is literally coming down with a sickness. I inserted in through the piece “Page 1” “Page 2” & “Page 3” to further show how the complexity is taking over. So that’s three pages of the complexity drug terrorizing the pages, thus it’s titled “Inkblots of Terrorism”.

Ep. 3: They say, We say
Word of Mouth (Gossip Circles)

I actually took a break from the protagonist with this one. This was the piece that had the gossipers and debaters telling their story about the protagonist and what had happened to him. Ofcourse you can see they’re way off, but it goes to show how folk love to peer into other folks business.

Ep. 4: Honesty Box Mishaps
Flyt to Ms. Anonymous

Lol, the Ms. Anonymous giving me criticism is actually a true story. As I was writing I thought “hmm… that’d make a great piece” so, she unknowingly did a piece with me :). How this fits into the piece is that I decide to make as though Ms. Anonymous was talking to the inebriated and intoxicated complex side. That side seems to send off sarcasm and insults that belittle folk, so she decided to give a piece of her mind. And since our main character is still lost to the effects of the complexity, he can’t take her seriously, and thus makes her into a joke.

Ep. 5: Worlds of Mellow Contemplation
Sanity

The effects of the drug are beginning to bug with our perception on this one, so in this one I took that sort of cliché effect of how I imagine pot heads to be hippies who lay back on the grass and talk about life while they’re high. So in this one, it’s on a mellow “Blue Room Session” level. If anyone may have noticed, I decided not to break the lines in this one and make them into paragraphs. I decided to do that to stay with the writing concepts. That’s the complexity talking.

Ep. 6: The Perversion of Thought
Crazed Logic

I decided to dabble even more into the mind with this one, and now you see our protagonist in an argument with the antagonist. But you gotta wonder “who is the antagonist” right? Well all in all, when your as high as the way the character was written, you’d see images and entities from your mind come to life. The Protagonist is talking to his conscience. And judging from the looks of it, he wins over his own conscience… or did the drug win them both over?

Ep. 7: Dissociative Breakage
Trippin’

This is the climax of the complex drug that our character has been wrestling with the entire time. I wrote the piece with it separated into different levels that go from 1 to 5. The higher the level, the more removed from reality he is. It’s a metaphor that shows how a person’s complexity can put them in a whole ‘nother world. And that translates to me by showing how I’ve been in my own world with my writing. Some say it’s with its own language.

Ep. 8: Recovery, Guilt & Discovery
Letter to the Consoling Consultant

Finally, the hangover moment. The drugs have vented out and our character is back in his right state of mind. The piece written is the only “simple” piece in the story. The one down to earth. It is filled with Recovery, Guilt & Discovery.

*******

And that’s the full analysis right there. Excuse its length. As you can see, a lot was going through my mind with this series. I’m proud of what came from it though. Hope you all enjoyed it as well.

No comments: