Search This Blog

The Cycle

Inciting, Freestyling, Escribing, Memorizing, Reciting, Inviting an Audience, Re-Cycle-ing...

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Proper Intros and Invites

Now,
if you smile today,
or laugh
giggle
chuckle
not necessarily out loud
it may be muffled
& subtle
humbled to some off-hand rebuttal
in this house-like jungle
just to pretend you're in a car with a sunroof
so as to not feelbested by the chain reaction of:
fumble
stumble
plummet
off the summit
where you were summoned
tumble
'til you feel done'ished
little
small
1-inch
unlevelheaded with a bum stick

Just, The grimmest grimace
with his image diminished
from a vision depiction
to a scribblet's pixel
And,
it's description's just a sentence
with thin tenses, bland and skinless
inspiration lost in a nomad's persistence
'til it gets old and nonexistent
Deserted...

A flow of sand christens it

...

I write so that doesn't happen.
It's the maze a composer engraves
on a music stave for the band to play
'til the folk are perplexed
trying to figure out its ways
even after he leaves off stage
just to get a taste from a nice gourmet
And then...
he hops back on the train
goes home and it's back to the page.
Unless ofcourse his improv mood is engaged
in which case
before he goes to perform he's pacing the place
thinking of what to say
Challenging his nerves
for, it keeps him sane
...Or, so he claims

Plain and simple

*******

I figure the best way to kick things off is through introduction. I went around serving about a nice handful of listeners, and I asked them how they would define me as a poet. What effect do they receive from my work when they read them and, How would they define my style. Some wonderful answers came about. But altogether, throughout all this time escribing and constantly inking thoughts to paper, I'd realized that I never really asked myself those questions specifically.

You can say, I write for childishness. A naivete/curiosity towards my surroundings, with a longing to explore what's around the corner so as to bring it back to the table and share it.

Also, I've learned that I'm not really a "poet's poet". I find I'm a tad bit too much a wanderer to consider myself as such. I would instead call myself a "scholar's poet" because, the one thing I want to expand upon is the mind, and I know scholars think highly of the mind. I've found fellow poets to have interest in more opposing factors, such as the heart, and I've seemed to have develop this sort of nonchalant shell. My mind wanders, so much so that, I wouldn't even call myself a "scholar's scholar" but, a "poet's scholar". Lol I know, twist of words, that's the language manipulation talking lol. I say "poet's scholar" because, I'm fascinated greatly by other poets in that I study them, and I'm wondering, "how is their mind/heart operating"? Read the defining piece by a number of poets and it'll speak to you in ways beyond the message. My thoughts are "who are they."

There's a reason I write for childishness though. There's a part in us that makes us most "rejuvenated" and I do believe it's that child in us. I see alot of folks may have abandoned that side, and it proves detrimental as they look and act as though someone has sucked the soul out of them and replaced it with a quick package of all the social essentials that helps keeps us up to par to someone elses standards.

With a child, boredom isn't a factor. They can get occupied with almost anything placed in front of them. They go on missions using the imagination that was blessed to them, so as to have a good time. A fun time. Adults seem afraid in what it doesn't understand, yet a child is entangled in what it doesn't understand, then they're on a mission to find out what this thing is that they don't understand, so that they may understand it. That's inspiration through alert eyes. And with a child's thoughts, no two days are routine. It's just adventure after adventure narrated by a small yet growing mind in a larger than life world. How did we lose that? Somewhere between adolescence and adulthood we "grew-up" and made being a kid not cool anymore. And yknow why it wasnt cool? Because we all began to understand that no one else around us was this carefree. But I know, that's something we should cherish and keep, even as we grow older and older with each passing second.

So if there were no other time in the world where you couldn't feel that hit of joy in the day the way a child feels it, then may it be with me, and the stuff that I write. I'm writing rhyme puzzles and verbal coloring books, so that you may have fun solving them, with a smile.

No comments: